Wednesday, July 28, 2010

red-tailed hawk





I saw a red tailed hawk today in flight down at Phinizy Swamp. Phinizy Swamp is now my favorite place in Augusta. It just beat the Savannah River Walk. My sister joined a bird watching club there, so I spent a few hours there waiting for her this morning, walking through the swampy landscapes (which can get quite incredible). I saw a couple of different birds of prey and a large blue heron while I was there.

This is an 8"x10" watercolor and ink painting. This will be on my etsy shop shortly and also on display at the bean baskette café at the library.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Love all the different colors and patterns you added. He looks rather magical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thrillingly colorful. Also, way to brand!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cant believe how awesome this is, Maddy your getting more and more amazing with your art I totally admire it.

    ReplyDelete